“Roblox failed to create directory error 3” is starting to pop up after the latest update of Roblox is installed. It usually pops up when you’re trying to launch the game and prevents you from playing the game. It can happen for various reasons, it could be that the directory you are trying to access is full or corrupted.
- Failed to create directory error 3 occurs when data in the cache is corrupted, missing, or full.
- You can solve the problem by restarting the Roblox app or by deleting the Temp folder.
- This will clear all previous data that may have been corrupt.
- If the method above does not work for you then you can try to set Roblox as an administrator.
- This will give the app permission to create or edit directories.
- If the problem is not solved through these methods you have no other choice but to reinstall the app.
Restart the Roblox App or Website
This is the easiest method to try and should be your first choice to fix the error. Sometimes the files your application is trying to access are corrupted, so by simply restarting the app, we can usually resolve the issue.
The following steps will take you through the process:
- Open Task Manager. You can do this by pressing the CTRL+Shift+ESC keys.
- The Task Manager shows you all the programs currently running on your PC. So scroll down until you find the Roblox app.
- Now, right-click on the Roblox app and press “End Task” from the drop-down menu.
That’s all for this method; if this method doesn’t work for you try the other methods.
Clear Roblox’s Cache
This is an excellent method to fix the error, although temporary data doesn’t always create problems it can sometimes be corrupted. So the easiest way to solve the problem is to wipe the cache clean. Microsoft lets you wipe the cache folder of games in Windows quite easily.
First, open the run utility by pressing the Windows+R key. Now follow the steps below
- Search for “%localappdata%.”
- Locate the “Temp” folder and open it.
- Next, you must locate the “Roblox” folder and delete it.
If you can’t find the “Roblox” folder you can delete everything in the “Temp” folder.
- Now create a new folder named “Downloads.”
- Now press back to go back to the “Local” folder from “Temp.”
- Now you must find and open the “Roblox” folder.
- After opening the “Roblox” folder you must create a folder by right-clicking > New > Folder.
- Name this new folder “Downloads.”
- Change the Compatibility Settings
- Back in the “Roblox” folder locate and open the “Version” folder; it most probably looks something like this: “version-7b56ddc375a46c6”
- Right-click on a file named “RobloxPlayerLauncher,” then go to Properties and select Compatibility.
- Select and enable the “Disable fullscreen optimization” and “Run this program as an administrator”. Then press “Apply” and “OK.”
- Re-launch Roblox and everything should be working fine.
- Run Roblox as Administrator
- One reason that this error may be bugging you could be that Roblox doesn’t have the required permissions to run properly.
- Simply right-click on “Roblox player” and press the “Run as administrator” option.
If naught else works then you must uninstall Roblox and reinstall it. This should fix any installation issues which may have caused the error to occur.
Did You Solve Roblox Failed to Create Directory Error 3?
In conclusion, the “Roblox failed to create directory error 3” can be frustrating for players and prevent them from accessing the game. However, there are a few methods to solve this issue, such as restarting your PC, restarting the Roblox app, clearing the cache, changing compatibility settings, and ultimately, reinstalling the app. After following these steps you can enjoy Roblox with no issues.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍