The Riot Gun is more or less a shotgun in Resident Evil 4 Remake which was also present in the original game from 2005 too. The weapon is found in Chapter 6, and its most notable feature is how it can deal a superb amount of raw damage to enemies at close range. In comparison to the early-game shotguns, such as the W-870 or even the deluxe edition exclusive shotgun, Skull Shaker, the Riot Gun is a considerable upgrade from both of them in our experience.
How To Obtain The Riot Gun
- Price: 28,000 Pesetas
Simply put, the Riot gun is available to purchase from the Merchant during Chapter 6.
- It is immediately available for purchase after the moment where you are with Ashley and team up with Luis to defend the house from the villager mob onslaught.
- So you expect to grab the gun soon into the mid-game, and it is powerful enough that it will easily carry you toward the late-game encounters with its upgrades.
Stats & Best Upgrades
|Stats||Power||Ammo Capacity||Reload Speed||Rate Of Fire|
- You can also unlock an exclusive upgrade for the weapon, which will further bolster its power stat by 1.5x.
- The upgrade itself is available once you fully acquire all upgrades of the Riot Gun or can be obtained via a ticket by trading with the merchant.
Now in terms of the best upgrades in our recommendation, we strongly encourage investing your hard-earned currency into its reload speed stat as well as the power. The former will ensure that you can easily overcome stations where you can get cornered easily, which tends to occur heavily in the 2nd half of Resident Evil 4’s combat encounters.
- In the latter stages of the game, you might find it heavily viable against the shielded cultists, as it can penetrate their wooden shields.
- Ammo can also be scarce to find if you’re tackling the Platinum Trophy and trying to complete the game on hardcore difficulty, so upgrading Power will significantly boost the raw damage potential of the Riot Gun.
Summing It Up
The fan-favorite Leon S. Kennedy is back once again with a fresh take on his adventure in Resident Evil 4 Remake. The following Subreddit Post also shows how the Riot Gun used to be one of the most popular weapons and, after all these years, maintains the quality of its original with the remake. It is easily a popular shotgun that almost comes toe-to-toe with the Striker.
On the subject of weapons, if you’re a fan of the original game, then you may be delighted like us to find out how the widely popular, Red-9 has made it into the game with a fresh new coat of paint. Sections such as the Treasury Sword puzzle might give you a bit of a headache, but overall, every element of the game is sure to please both new and old fans.
But for now, this wraps up our guide to how you can get obtain the Riot Gun, as well as its stats and the best upgrades in the game. If you have any of your favorite weapons to share or want to tell us about your experience so far with the remake, then be sure to let us know in the comments section below! As always, eXputer wishes you luck!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Grandfather Clock Correct Time Puzzle
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Infinite Rocket Launcher Location
- Resident Evil 4: How To Get Punisher
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: All Voice Actors
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍