The Chicago Typewriter from the original Resident Evil 4 makes a return in the remake by the name of Chicago Sweeper. This legendary weapon was used to be a fan favorite in the original title and the ideal weapon to have during speedruns; thus, if you wish to recapture the joy of using this rifle in the remake as well, then one must know how to obtain the Chicago Sweeper.
- Players will need to complete the “Leon “A” Kennedy” challenge in RE4 Remake to unlock the Chicago Sweeper.
- This challenge requires the players to end Resident Evil 4 Remake on Professional difficulty with an A rank.
- Once players have finished the challenge, then they will need to purchase the Chicago Sweeper from the Extra Content Shop. After that, the weapon will automatically be added to their Storage Box.
- In order to unlock the infinite ammo perk, players would need to fully upgrade the Chicago Sweeper, then purchase the exclusive perk from the Merchant.
- Players can also trade 30 spinels for an exclusive upgrade ticket.
- The Chicago Sweeper is not as powerful as the Chicago Typewriter, but it is still a weapon worth investing in.
How To Unlock The Chicago SweeperIn order to unlock the Chicago Sweeper, players only need to complete the challenge “Leon “A” Kennedy.” Which requires the players to complete Resident Evil 4 Remake on Professional difficulty (not hardcore) with an A rank. Not an easy task, we know, but legendary weapons require you to be worthy enough to wield them.
Once you have finished the challenge, the Chicago Sweeper will automatically appear in Extra Content Shop. Players will need to purchase it for 1,000 CP, and the weapon will be added to their Storage Box. Now let us list the stats of this weapon as well. Please note that these are the stats of the Chicago Sweeper without any upgrades.
- Power: 0.40
- Ammo Capacity: 50
- Reload Speed: 0.78
- Rate of Fire: 2.50
- Precision: 3.00
How To Unlock The Infinite Ammo PerkBefore players have actually unlocked the infinite ammo perk, the Chicago Sweeper will be using the standard Submachine Gun ammo. In order to understand how actually to unlock the infinite ammo perk with ease. We have summarized the entire roadmap into points.
- Once players have finished the Leon “A” Kennedy challenge and purchased the weapon from the Extra Content Shop.
- Players will need to fully upgrade the Chicago Sweeper (which will cost 650,000 pesetas).
- Then they can purchase the exclusive perk from the Merchant for 10,000 pesetas, and voila, they have successfully unlocked the infinite ammo perk.
Players also have the option to skip this entire grind by going to the Merchant and trading 30 spinels for the Exclusive Upgrade Ticket, then going into the Tune-Up section to purchase the exclusive infinite ammo perk of the Chicago Sweeper from the Merchant.
For those of you who haven’t played the original Resident Evil 4 and do not understand the hype behind this weapon. The Chicago Typewriter had its well-deserving title of being the best weapon in Resident Evil 4 Remake due to its incredible damage and unlimited ammo, making it one of the ideal weapons to have during speed runs.
Is The Chicago Sweeper Worth It?
While the weapon does have a history and a reputation behind it, the question still remains about whether this weapon is still as legendary in the remake as it was in the original.
It is with a heavy heart that we inform you that the Chicago Sweeper is a bit underwhelming in the remake. It is not bad by any means, but it fails to live up to the expectations. Allow us to elaborate further.
The Chicago Typewriter from the original Resident Evil 4 features 10.0 power. The Chicago Sweeper starts at 0.4. That’s less than half of the damage of a standard handgun. You still have the option to upgrade the rifle, but even when fully upgraded, it is still underwhelming when compared to the original Chicago Typewriter.
Even then, the infinite Rocket Launcher is still as mighty as ever. Consider reading our guide on how to unlock the infinite Rocket Launcher, in case you are interested. But back to the point, what you see below is a table that lists all the upgrades of the Chicago Sweeper and how much it will cost.
|Chicago Sweeper||Power||Ammo Capacity||Reload Speed||Rate of Fire||Precision|
|Level 2||0.80 (50,000 pesetas)||55 (10,000 pesetas)||0.82 (10,000 pesetas)||2.50||3.00|
|Level 3||1.2 (100,000 pesetas)||60 (15,000 pesetas)||0.86 (15,000 pesetas)||2.50||3.00|
|Level 4||1.6 (150,000 pesetas)||65 (25,000 pesetas)||0.89 (20,000 pesetas)||2.50||3.00|
|Level 5||2.0 (200,000 pesetas)||70 (30,000 pesetas)||0.93 (25,000)||2.50||3.00|
And that neatly wraps up our guide on how to obtain the Chicago Sweeper in Resident Evil 4 Remake. Since some parts of this article were about reminiscing on the past and remembering just how great the original Chicago Typewriter was, you may also want our Resident Evil 4 Remake vs Original guide.
Aside from that, you are not going to survive for long in Resident Evil 4 Remake without having the appropriate weapons. Resident Evil 4 Remake is available now on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC through Steam. Have you played the original? Is this your first time playing Resident Evil 4? How do you like the game so far? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: All Editions
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get Matilda
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Red9
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get The Wrench Tool
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍