If you’re gearing up for Elden Ring’s challenging mid-game phase, then Fort Faroth should be one of the top locations you should visit. Although it’s considerably smaller than most other dungeons and forts in the game, it has a surprising collection of items you can collect, along with facing FromSoftware’s biggest living dragon.
- Fort Faroth is on the southeastern edge of Dragonbarrow in Elden Ring, which can be found north of Caelid.
- Starting from the Dragonbarrow West Site of Grace, follow the cobblestone trail past the small lake until players reach Greyoll, the Elder Dragon.
- Walk quietly around the massive dragon and her children without waking them up, and reach the Fort’s Site of Grace just behind them.
- Players could also try to kill all the dragons next to Greyoll, which will automatically kill her and reward them with 75000 Runes and a Dragon Heart.
- Head inside the Fort, killing the Giant Bats and Chanting Winged Dames on the ground level, and proceed to the upper portion via the ladder at the end.
- Upon reaching the balcony, open the chest in front to collect the Right Half of the Dectus Medallion.
- Now, drop down to the lower rooftop from the side and head to the wooden opening on the westmost side.
- Use the ladder beside the opening and climb down to the wooden deck.
- Finally, jump to the other side of the deck, drop back down to the initial level, and grab the Radagon’s Soreseal talisman next to the corpse.
How To Reach Fort Faroth?
Fort Faroth is located at the southeastern corner of the Dragon-infested Greyoll’s Dragonbarrow near the edge of Elden Ring‘s map. Dragonbarrow itself is a small landmass just above Caelid, and you’ll likely find the Dragonbarrow West Site of Grace first via that route.
- Once you’ve taken the Dragonbarrow West site of grace, head east by following the cobblestone road, and remember to take Dragonbarrow’s map fragment found along the path.
- Continue straight down by following the trail and making your way past the small lake occupied by Dragons.
- Beyond the lake, stick to the road taking you uphill, and it’ll eventually lead to the massive Elder Dragon, Greyoll.
- Sprint quietly around Greyoll and the dragons surrounding her, and behind her tail lies Fort Faroth at the cliff’s edge.
Farming The Dragon Near The Fort
One of the highlights near Fort Faroth is, of course, the aforementioned dragon, Greyoll. Speedrunners often use her to get an early-game boost to make the rest of the playthrough quicker. As such, most players will also attempt to take her down to get that boost.
However, although Greyoll herself won’t attack you, the main trouble comes from the five dragons surrounding her. These dragons are easier to deal with compared to other dragon mini-bosses like Agheel or Smarag since they have a lesser HP and no fire-breathing attacks.
Despite Greyoll’s massive HP, she’ll immediately die once you’ve killed all five dragons near her. With that said, here’s the ideal method to deal with the Elder Dragon:
- Firstly, lure each smaller dragon out from the rest of the pack to the cliff edge and fight them there.
- Use an Ash of War or Incantation with Bleed, Frostbite, Destined Death, or Scarlet Rot to kill those dragons.
- Repeat the process until you’ve vanquished all the smaller dragons near Greyoll.
- Once that’s done, Greyoll will automatically die and give you the 75000 Runes and a Dragon’s Heart.
- You can trade the Dragon Heart at the Church of Dragon Communion to get Dragon-based Incantations for a Dragon Build.
Inside The Fort
It’s worth noting that you’ll mainly have trouble against the Giant Bats and Chanting Winged Dames in Fort Faroth. As such, it’s better to use a ranged weapon along with a shield to catch and kill these enemies easily.
- After taking the Site of Grace, head inside the Fort via the staircase to your right and take out all the enemies on the ground level.
- Once that’s done, climb the ladder at the end of the room up to the balcony, where you’ll find the Dectus Medallion’s Right Half inside the chest in front of you.
- From here, you can drop down to the Fort’s lower terrace from your right.
- You’ll have to kill the Radahn Soldier Spirits that’ll spawn in groups as you wander the terrace.
- Once you’ve cleared the area, take the ladder beside the westmost rectangular opening and climb down to the wooden deck.
- Stay close to the plank wall, and you’ll notice a small gap that disconnects you from the rest of the deck.
- Jump atop the gap onto the other side and descend further down back to the ground level.
- Here, you’ll see a lying corpse that you can pillage to get the Radagon’s Soreseal talisman.
Dectus Medallion (Right Half)
The Dectus Medallion is one way to reach the Altus Plateau as it activates the Grand Lift of the Dectus. Getting the Medallion involves getting its two halves – the right half and the left half. After taking the right half from Fort Faroth, you can get the left half in Fort Haight, found in eastern Limgrave.
Radagon’s Soreseal is easily one of the strongest talismans in the game. It raises your Vigor, Endurance, Strength, and Dexterity but raises the damage taken by 15%. Despite the damage tradeoff, Radagon’s Soreseal is the ideal talisman for Strength and Dexterity builds that need to carry much heavier gear.
That wraps up our guide on how you can get to, explore, and kill the Elder Dragon Greyoll near Fort Faroth in Elden Ring. Despite being a small dungeon, the Fort has several attractive propositions, including a powerful talisman, a gateway to another region, and one of the easiest in-game rune farming methods. You can also view this Subreddit Post if you want to learn about Greyoll’s significance and backstory.
If you want to collect other powerful talismans like Radagon’s Soreseal, start by increasing your equipment load with the Great Jar’s Arsenal. You can further explore the narrative of the Lands Between by reading our article on the Interesting Lore Facts in the game. And if you’re having a blast with the experience, here are the Best Games Like Elden Ring.
- Best Elden Ring Ending
- BEST Whips In Elden Ring
- Elden Ring: How To Summon Spirits
- Elden Ring BEST Armor
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍